In addition to his labor and employment practice and his negotiation training and counseling work, Marc Siegel also continues to serve as a mediator and arbitrator in a wide range of matters.
A certified mediator and appointed American Arbitration Association (AAA) arbitrator in labor and employment matters, Marc relishes the opportunity to help parties bridge the gaps and overcome the obstacles that stand in the way of reaching agreements or resolving disputes.
Marc offers his services as a third-party neutral both independently and through Resolute Systems. Parties who engage Marc appreciate his meticulous preparation, respectful and engaged demeanor, and ability to develop creative solutions to seemingly intractable disagreements. Using his extensive experience and insights, Marc can focus participants on the core issues that stand in their way while setting aside other matters that serve as distractions or impede progress.
In addition to his understanding of the subject matter and particular nuances of a given engagement, Marc’s success in dispute resolution is also a product of his innate sense of empathy, intellectual curiosity, and dogged determination to find common ground. He puts parties at ease, makes them feel that their concerns and positions are being heard and considered fairly, and fosters a sense of trust that facilitates open and frank communication.
Marc has extensive experience resolving disputes across various industries, including:
- Automotive Service
- Dental Practices
- Hospitality Industry
- Information Technology
- Legal Services
- Mortgage Lending
Marc continues to develop his skills and knowledge base and has participated in numerous ADR-focused trainings throughout his career, including:
- The Strategic Negotiation Skills program oﬀered by the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University’s Caruso School of Law.
- Training jointly oﬀered by DePaul College of Law’s Dispute Resolution Center and the Illinois Association of Attorney-Mediators.
- Resolved breach of contract dispute brought against an elite Chicago private high school.
- Mediated a claim brought by a law ﬁrm partner alleging pregnancy discrimination by her law ﬁrm.
- Resolved a case involving the Whistleblower Act and allegations of unlawful termination and retaliatory discharge by a warehouse distribution and supply chain company following an employee’s claims of OSHA non-compliance.
- Settled a claim brought by a COO against a management consulting ﬁrm and alleging violations of the Family & Medical Leave Act, unequal pay, and retaliation.
- Resolved pregnancy accommodation dispute against a major fast-food franchise.
- Several disputes alleging breach of contract, including one brought against a company involved in class action settlements and another brought by a dental practice against a member dentist.
- Dispute alleging breach of contract, retaliatory discharge, and age discrimination by a clean water company.
- Dispute alleging breach of contract, negligent inﬂiction of emotional distress, and wage violations brought against a large technology company.
- Dispute alleging breach of contract, conﬁdentiality, non-solicitation provisions, and ﬁduciary duty brought by a computer sales company against a former sales representative.
- Numerous class action wage disputes, including those brought against a well-known national pizza chain, a temporary agency, a transportation company, a logistics company, and on behalf of merchandisers in a dispute involving a counterclaim for fraud.
- Individual wage or wage and hour cases, including those brought against a defense contractor, a mortgage company, and one seeking unpaid wages and commissions against a marketing company.
- Numerous disputes alleging various types of discrimination, including one alleging race, disability, and retaliation by a luxury hotel chain; one claiming racial discrimination and retaliation by a bakery; and one alleging age discrimination by a stock market.
- Dispute alleging unlawful termination by a major retail operation.
Contact Marc Today To Learn More About How He Can Help You Resolve Your Dispute
If you would like to learn more about retaining Marc Siegel as a mediator or arbitrator, please contact him today.